Adding Users allows you to access CENTRL’s collaboration features such as assignments and internal comments. Furthermore, you can configure enterprise-grade access for different users to control what data each user sees. Only System Administrators can add and modify the information and access for your internal Users.
This article covers the following topics:
- Adding a New User
- Modifying a User
- Deactivating a User
- Reactivating a User
- Re-inviting a User
- Removing a User
- Download Detailed Users Report
Adding a New User
1. Navigate to User screen from the System Admin module and click on the Add User button as shown above.
2. The New User page will appear allowing you to enter details for a user, Primary Organization, and Partner Access & Permissions.
3. Click on the Save User button once you are ready. The user will be created and an email notification will be sent to the user for them to register.
Note: After the user is created, the email address cannot be modified. Scroll down to learn more about the different sections available in the New User page.
You can enter the user's First name, Last name, Email, and Phone (optional) in the User Details section. You can also enable System Administrator Privileges as required. To learn more about the System Administrator capability, click here.
The Primary Organization determines the extent of access a user can receive. Each user can only be associated with one Primary Organization. Organizations work in the hierarchical order allowing you to see information for the Primary Organization and sub-organizations beneath it. This data access is then further restricted by the Role the user has.
You can select the Primary Organization you want this user to belong to.
Role and Advanced Capabilities
You can add or update user roles which define the permissions for a specific user. You also have the option to assign advanced capabilities for that user. To learn more about Admin capabilities, click here.
You can select the Partners the user has access to by clicking on the Select button as shown above. Based on the selection, Access to Partner will be restricted throughout the platform for all modules. (Note: If the user has Admin capability for a module, he/she can access the information across all partners.)
You can also define the permissions the user can have for the selected partners.
View Partner Information: This option when enabled, allows the user to view the Partner Profile and the associated contacts and products.
Add & Edit Partner: This option when enabled, allows the user to add and edit the Partner profile and associated contacts and products.
Modifying a User
System Administrators can modify the user details, roles, permissions and capabilities as needed.
1. Navigate to User screen from the System Admin module. The User screen will display the list of users.
2. Click on the name of the user to edit.
3. You can modify the details as needed. Once you are done editing, click on the Save Changes button.
Deactivating a User
System Administrators can deactivate a user in their organization if needed. Deactivation is useful when an employee is leaving your organization and you want to remove access to the outgoing team member, but preserve his or her prior information inside the CENTRL platform. The deactivated user's information will be assigned to an alternate User for future CENTRL correspondence.
To learn more about Deactivating a User, click here.
Reactivating a User
1. Click on the Reactivate icon under the Action column.
2. You will receive a warning message to Reactivate the user. Click on Okay to proceed. The user is then reactivated back into the system.
Re-inviting a User
System Administrators can re-invite users who are not yet registered into the application. Users that have not joined your company have a Pending status associated to them.
1. Within the Users page, under the Action column, click on the Re-invite icon as shown above.
Note: The user will then receive an email invitation for registering into CENTRL.
Removing a User
System Administrators have the ability to remove users with a Pending status. Users with pending status are the ones who are not yet registered into CENTRL's application.
1. Within the Users page, under the Action column, click on the Remove User icon as shown above.
2. A warning pop-up message will appear to confirm the removal of the user. Click on Okay to proceed.
Note: The user will be removed from the system.
Download Detailed Users Report
System Administrators have the ability to download detailed reports to segment further on Users, Roles, Partners, and Contacts. This feature enables them to download a detailed report for additional analysis. All reports are generated as Excel files.
1. Navigate to the User tab from System Admin as shown above.
2. Click Export Data button and further select Download Detailed Report link.
3. CENTRL will begin generating the report. When done, you will see the link to Download Report as shown above.
4. Click on the Download Report link to download the data as an Excel file.