This feature enables System Administrators to manage the Roles of the Internal users within their Organization. System Administrators have the ability to allow or restrict access to specific areas, tasks, and data in the application. This can be achieved by creating roles and defining the permissions for each role.
By default, the app has two roles: Super User and User. By default, when a new user is added, they are assigned the User role with basic role authorizations. However, as your company grows you may need to create custom roles for different divisions or partners.
This article covers the following topics:
Adding a Role
1. Navigate to the Roles screen from the System Admin module and click on the Add Role button as shown above.
2. Give the new role a name and description in the appropriate field boxes.
3. Select the permissions that you want users to have when assigned to this role. The permissions are defined as follows:
- Read: This permission enables users to view the document folders/questionnaires.
- Write: This permission enables users to create document folders/questionnaires.
- Approve: This permission enables users to approve the document folders/questionnaires. Only approved folders/questionnaires can be published to your partners.
- Publish: This permission enables users to publish document folders/questionnaires to their partners.
- Reports: This permission enables users to view and generate reports for the Assessment module.
- View All Assessments: This permission enables users to view all Assessments within their Primary Organization in a Read-only mode. In other words, users will be able to view the Assessment but he or she will not be able to edit or perform any actions on the Assessment.
4. Click Submit when you are done.
Note: The System Admin can always go back and update the role and permissions when necessary.
Modifying a Role
1. Navigate to the Roles screen from the System Admin module and click on the Role that you wish to edit.
2. Within the Role Access section, you can select or unselect permissions for a role.
Note: You can view all the users associated with the selected role under the section Users with this role, in order to visualize the impact of changing role authorizations.
3. Click on the Submit button to finalize your changes.
Deleting a Role
1. Navigate to the Roles screen from the System Admin module. Here, you can view the list of Roles.
2. To delete a role, click on the delete icon as shown above.
3. A warning message will appear saying that the role will be deleted permanently. Click on Okay to proceed.
Note: A Role can be deleted only if it is not assigned to any user.
Exporting Detailed Roles Report
1. Navigate to the Role tab from System Admin.
2. Click Export Data button and further select Download Detailed Report link.
3. CENTRL will begin generating the report. When done, you will see the link to Download Report as shown above.
4. Click on the Download Report link to download the data as an Excel file.