Creating a Role
This feature is only accessible to System Administrators.
They have the ability to assign roles to users within the organization. This enables users to either allow or restrict access to specific areas, tasks and data in the application. There are two roles available in our application called "Super User" and "User." By default, when a new user is added, they are assigned the User role with basic role authorizations. However, as your company grows you may need to create custom roles for different divisions or partners.
1. Navigate to System Admin from the left toolbar and click on Role. To add a role, click on Add Role on the the upper right.
2. Give the new role a name and description in the appropriate field boxes. And select the permissions that you want users to have when assigned to this role.
3. Click Submit when you are done. The admin can always go back and update the role and permissions when necessary.
Editing a Role
- Navigate to System Admin from the left toolbar and click on the Role tab. Select the Role type that you wish to edit from the column Role Name.
2. You can view all the users associated with the selected role in order to visualize the impact of changing role authorizations. Here, you can make changes to the permissions of the role.
3. Click on Submit to finalize changes.
Deleting a Role
- Navigate to System Admin and click on Role.
2. Click on the "X" icon for the role to be deleted. After confirming, the role will be deleted.