Once a questionnaire is created, you have the flexibility to customize your questionnaire to suit your needs. You can add or edit questions, sections, sub-sections, and follow up questions. You also have the ability to change the existing format and properties of your questionnaire.
Note: Questionnaires can be edited only if they are in Draft status and have not been Approved yet.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Your Questionnaire
- Adding a Section
- Adding a Question
- Moving a Question or Section
- Adding Reference Documents
- Selecting an Answer Type
- Follow Up Questions
- Request Documents
- Add Tips and Instructions
- Request Maturity Level
- Editing your Questionnaire Format
- Changing your Numbering Scheme
- Adding Instructions to your Questionnaire
- Editing Questionnaire Properties
- Modifying the Score Key and Grading Rubric
- Modifying the Questionnaire Name, Version, and Description
Editing your Questionnaire
Navigating to Your Questionnaire
1. Navigate to the Manage Questionnaires screen and click on the questionnaire that you want to edit.
2. You will then be taken to the Edit Questionnaire screen where you will be able to modify the questionnaire.
Adding a Section
CENTRL's system allows you to easily add or remove a section of a questionnaire. Sections are the main organizational hierarchy for questionnaires. You can have questions within a section or add additional sub-sections within an existing section.
1. Click on the Add drop-down at the top of the screen to bring down the selection box.
2. Choose the Add Section option. Your section will appear at the bottom of the questionnaire. You have the option to rename the section by hovering over the auto-generated section name.
Adding a Question
Moving a Question or Section
1. To move a question or section, click the three dots to the right of the section or question you want to move. Depending on your selection, you can either cut a question or section.
2. When you cut a section or question, you will have the option to paste above or below another section or question. Using the three dots dropdown, select Paste Question Above or Paste Question Below to choose where you would like to paste it.
Adding Reference Documents
Reference Documents are used to give context to a question or ask for an answer in a specific format. For example, please fill out and complete the table attached. This could be an Excel file as part of a Reference Document. Or please review the attached Policy Guidelines and let me know if you comply. To know more click here
1. Navigate to the question and click on Reference Files link. You can upload files using the Upload icon as shown above.
Selecting an Answer Type
Our questionnaire module allows users to ask different types of questions to get different types of responses.
1. Navigate to your question and select your Answer Type. Click here to learn more about all the available Answer types
2. Click Save to proceed.
Follow Up Questions
CENTRL's platform allows you to create follow up questions that are triggered depending on your partner or vendor's answer. For example, you could have a follow up question appear asking for additional information whenever someone answers No to a specific question.
Click here to learn more about Follow up Questions.
You have the option to request specific documents within a question using the Document Request functionality. You can create multiple document requests associated with a question. Your Vendor / Partner will be prompted to attach the requested documents associated with the question.
1. Navigate to your question and click on Request Documents. You also have the option to edit your Document Request by clicking on the Pencil icon.
2. Click Save to proceed.
Add Tips and Instructions
You have the option to add Tips for Answering and/or Instructions for Evaluating to provide additional information to help the answering recipient as well as the evaluators. These tips/instructions act as a guide in answering the questions efficiently and also provides instructions to the Evaluators on how to properly evaluate an answer that has been submitted.
To learn more about Adding Tips and Instructions, click here.
Request Maturity Level
Maturity Levels describe an organization's software development process. There are four levels associated to the evolutionary path of increasingly organized and systematically more mature processes. The Levels are as follows:
- 1. Informal, ad hoc process without formal implementation
- 2. Partially in place with no approved plans to further implement
- 3. Partially in place with approved plans to further implement
- 4. In place with exclusions
1. Navigate to your question and click on Request Maturity Level as indicated above.
2. Click Save to proceed.
Editing your Questionnaire Format
Changing your Numbering Scheme
You can define the numbering scheme of a Questionnaire in our application. For example, you may want to use a numbering scheme that uses A, B, C vs a 1, 2, 3 numbering scheme.
To learn more about changing your numbering scheme, click here.
Adding Instructions to your Questionnaire
When you send out your questionnaire, you may want to add instructions for your recipient to view.
1.You can click on the Add dropdown from the Edit Questionnaire screen and click on Edit Instructions to edit the Questionnaire instructions.
Editing Questionnaire Properties
Modifying the Score Key and Grading Rubric
The Scoring Key and Grading Rubric define the scores you mark for each question and the overall assessment score when you complete a questionnaire.
Questionnaire Admins have the ability to modify the Score Key and Grading Rubric. To learn more, click here.
Modifying the Questionnaire Name, Version, and Description
As long as the questionnaire is still in Draft status, you can modify the questionnaire name, version, and description for each questionnaire.
Note: You can edit the properties only for questionnaires in Draft status.
1. Navigate to Manage Questionnaires.
2. Click on the 3 dots next to the questionnaire name and further click on Edit Properties.
3. After making the modifications, click on Update to save your changes.
CENTRL's Assessments module allows you to map answers from questionnaire responses to standard or custom attributes in the UI.
This feature allows you to map the Partner profile and Product attributes to the questions in a questionnaire. When your partner submits back the questionnaire, you can automatically populate the partner profile and product attributes based on the responses.
Note: Currently the system does not support mapping for table and document type questions.
To learn more about mapping answers, click here