This feature enables System Administrators to configure fields for Partners allowing them to better categorize external partners and for enhanced reporting. These following features are available to System Administrators:
- Enable Region/Sub-Region fields to Partner
- Rename Region/Sub-Region
- Define the values for Region/Sub-Region
- Add and enable custom fields for Partners
- Grouping attributes
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. You can also add custom fields to Partners to capture more information for each partner which in turn makes for better reporting. The changes will be applied throughout the application. All changes will be seen on the Partners page and in Partners Report when exporting the data to excel. (Note: For Client Connect module, the changes will be seen in the Clients page)
Note: This feature is available for System Administrators only.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Partner Fields
- Configuring Partner Fields
Navigating to Partner Fields
1. Navigate to System Admin and click on Advanced Configuration on the top right.
2. Click on Partner as shown above.
Configuring Partner Fields
Renaming Field Names
1. To rename fields, hover over the value on Your Field name and click on the pencil icon.
2. Enter your new field name and click on the blue checkmark to save the field name.
Adding Field values
1. Click on the Add Values link under the Actions Column.
Note: You are required to add values for the Region field before you add values for the Sub-region field.
2. Click on the Add button and enter your values one at a time or use Bulk Import to import Excel or CSV files as values.
Adding Custom Fields
1. To add new custom fields, click on the Add Partner Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add Partner Field, you can enter the name of your new custom field and enter a type/ sub-type for that field. To enable the field, Select Yes or No as per your requirement. Click on the Add button to save your new custom field.
3. The newly added custom partner field will appear as a new row.
Note: Users can add up to 30 custom fields and configure them as per their requirement.
The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric. There are 5 supported field types:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using the Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, we have pre-populated currencies to choose from.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
Note: When you are creating a custom User field using the Dropdown type, the subtypes available to choose from are Single-Select, Single-Select-With-Add, Multi-Select, and Multi-Select-With-Add as detailed below:
- Single-Select: This option allows you to choose a single value from the admin configured list.
- Single-Select-With-Add: This option allows you to choose or add new value if the value does not exist in the admin configured list.
- Multi-Select: This option allows you to choose multiple values from the admin configured list.
- Multi-Select with Add: This option allows you to choose multiple values or add new values if they do not exist in the admin configured list.
This feature provides users with the ability to group Partner attributes into logical sections for better viewing and readability.
1. For this, hover over the value under the Group column and click on the pencil icon.
Note: You can create custom groups to make them appear in the drop-down list. To learn more about how to create custom groups for Partner fields, click here
2. Select an option from the list and click on the blue checkmark to save.
Note: The Partner field along with the grouped attributes will appear in the Partners page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.
The final step is to enable the Partner fields to make them appear within the Partners screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can also enable them within the Add Partner Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
3. A success message will appear after you are done enabling.
Note: The Partner field will appear in the Partners page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.