This feature is available for System Administrators.
This feature enables System Administrators to configure fields for Partners allowing them to better categorize external partners and for enhanced reporting. This following features are available to System Administrators:
- Enable Region/Sub-Region fields to Partner
- Rename Region/Sub-Region
- Define the values for Region/Sub-Region
- Add custom fields for Partners
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. For example, you can enable Region or Sub-Region fields to Partners. You can also rename Region to Country and add values for Regions and Sub-Regions. You can also add custom fields to Partners to capture more information for each partner which in turn makes for better reporting. The changes will be applied throughout the application. All changes will be seen in the Partners page and in Partners Report when exporting the data to excel. (Note: For Client Connect module, the changes will be seen in the Clients page)
Steps to Configure Partner Fields
- To do this, navigate to System Admin from the left toolbar. Then click on Advanced Configuration at the top right. Next, click on Partner.
- To rename fields, hover over the value on Your Field name and click on pencil icon.
- Enter your new field name. Click on the green check mark to save the field name.
- To add dropdown values, click on ADD VALUES under Actions.
- Here, you can click on ADD button and enter values one by one or use Bulk Import to import values from excel or CSV files.
- To add new custom fields, click on Add Partner Field button. This will add a new row at the bottom. (Note: Users can add up to 30 custom fields and configure them as per their requirements)
- Here, select the field type, enter your field name and click on Save. The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown or Input. There are 3 supported field types:
- Dropdown : This is a classic dropdown field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For dropdown fields, you can also configure dropdown values using Add Values option.
- Multi-line : This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input : This field type is a single-line text area.
- Finally, to make the field appear on the Partners page, you have to Enable the field. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes. Click on the green checkmark to save. The field will appear in Partner page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.