This feature enables System Administrators to configure fields for Internal Users allowing them to categorize Users and for enhanced reporting. These following features are available to System Administrators:
- Enable Department Group/Sub-Group fields to Users
- Rename Department Group/Sub-Group
- Define the values for Department Group/Sub-Group
- Add and Enable Custom Fields for Users
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. For example, you can enable Department Group/Sub-Group fields to Users. You can also rename Department Group to Division and add values for Department Group such as Accounting, Finance, and Marketing. You can also add custom fields to Users to capture more information which in turn makes for better reporting. All changes will be seen in the Users page and in Users Report when exporting the data to excel.
If the Department Group field was enabled for Users, the Department will automatically appear in the Users screen. Similarly, it will also appear in the User Reports like Assignment Aging Report, Past Due Questions (in Client Connect).
Note: You can also configure the Users screen to add/remove columns as per your needs. Click here to learn more about Configuring Screen Columns.
Navigating to User Fields
1. Navigate to System Admin module and click on Advanced Configuration at the top right. Next, click on User as shown above.
Configuring User Fields
Renaming Field Names
1. To rename user fields, hover over the value on the Field name and click on the pencil icon to edit.
2. Enter your new field name and click on the blue check mark to save the field name.
Adding Field Values
1. Click on the Add Values link under the Actions Column.
2. Click on the Add button and enter your values one at a time or use Bulk Import to import Excel or CSV files as values.
Adding Custom Fields
1. To add new custom fields, click on the Add User Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add User Fields modal, you can enter the field name, select the field type and enable/disable the field. You can also select the sub-type for Currency and Drop-down field types. Once done, click on the Add button to save your new user field.
Note: Users can add up to 5 custom fields and configure them as per their requirements.
3. The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric as detailed below:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, you can choose the currency symbol from the available list.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
The final step is to enable the User fields to make them appear within the Users screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can also enable them within the Add User Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
3. A success message will appear as shown above.
Note: The User field will appear in the Users page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.