This feature is available for System Administrators. This feature enables System Administrators to configure fields for Internal Users allowing them to categorize Users and for enhanced reporting. This following features are available to System Administrators:
- Enable Department Group/Sub-Group fields to Users
- Rename Department Group/Sub-Group
- Define the values for Department Group/Sub-Group
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. For example, you can enable Department Group/Sub-Group fields to Users. You can also rename Department Group to Division and add values for Department Group such as Accounting, Finance and Marketing. All changes will be seen in the Users page and in Users Report when exporting the data to excel.
If the Department Group field was enabled for Users, the Department will automatically appear in the Users screen. Similarly it will also appear in the User Reports like Assignment Aging Report, Past Due Questions (in Client Connect).
(Note: You can also configure the Users screen to add/remove columns as per you needs. Click here to learn more about Configuring Screen Columns.)
Steps to Configure User Fields
- Navigate to System Admin from the left toolbar. Then click on Advanced Configuration at the top right. Next, click on User.
- To rename user fields, hover over the value under Your Field Name and click on the pencil icon. Enter the new value and click on green check mark to save.
- You can add dropdown values for fields by clicking on Add Values under Actions.
- Here, you can click on ADD button and enter values one by one. Once you save your new values, they will appear in the Current values column. You also have the option to import values from Excel or CSV files by clicking on Bulk Import.
- Finally, to make the field appear on the Users page, you have to Enable the field. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes. Click on green checkmark to save. The field will appear in Users page only if the value is Yes under Enabled column.