This feature enables System Administrators to configure Product fields allowing them to categorize Partner Products and for enhanced reporting. These following features are available to System Administrators:
- Add and Enable Custom Fields
- Define the values for Custom Fields
- Rename Custom Fields
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. For example, you can also rename your Custom fields and add values for those fields such as Accounting, Finance, and Marketing. You can also add custom fields to capture more information which in turn makes for better reporting. All changes will be seen in the Partner Products page and in the Product Report when exporting the data to excel.
If Your newly added custom field was enabled for users, the Custom field will automatically appear in the Partner Product screen. Similarly, it will also appear in the User Reports like Assignment Aging Report, Past Due Questions (in Client Connect)
Note: You can also configure the Products screen to add/remove columns as per your needs. Click here to learn more about Configuring Screen Columns.
Navigating to Product Fields
1. Navigate to System Admin module and click on Advanced Configuration at the top right. Next, click on Products as shown above.
Configuring Product Fields
Adding Custom Fields
1. To add new custom fields, click on the Add Product Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add Product Field, you can enter the name of your new custom field and enter a type/ sub-type for that field. To enable the field, Select Yes or No as per your requirement. Click on the Add button to save your new custom field.
Note: Users can add up to 15 custom fields and configure them as per their requirements.
3. The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric. There are 5 supported field types:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, we have pre-populated currencies to choose from.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
Adding Field Values
1. Click on the Add Values link under the Actions Column as shown above.
2. Click on the Add button and enter your values one at a time or use Bulk Import to import Excel or CSV files as values.
3. Click on the Save link to save your new values.
Note: You can add values to Product Fields with exclusively the Dropdown type.
Renaming Field Names
1. To rename Product fields, hover over the value on Your Field name and click on the pencil icon to edit.
2. Enter your new field name and click on the blue check mark to save the field name.
The final step is to enable the Product fields to make them appear within the Partner Products screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can enable them within the Add Product Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
3. A success message will appear as shown above.
Note: The Product field will appear in the Partner Products page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.