Within CENTRL's Data Inventory Module, Internal Functions serve as the GDPR Term corresponding to Internal Departments, Divisions, and other internal organizations within a company.
Each Internal Function can have multiple processing activities. For example, Human Resources could be an Internal Function containing multiple processing activities such as Payroll, Hiring, and Benefits.
Steps for Creating an Internal Function
1. Navigate to Data Inventory from the sidebar and click on Internal Functions link at the top right.
2. Click on the Add Internal Function button as shown above.
3. Give your Internal Function a name and add a description using the Description box.
4. Click on the Save Internal Function button as shown above.
Editing an Internal Function
1. Navigate to Data Inventory from the sidebar and click on Internal Functions
2. Click on the Internal Function which you wish to edit as shown above.
3. Click on the Edit Details button to edit.
4. Click on the Save Changes button to proceed.
Note: You cannot delete an Internal Function after creating, however, you can rename in case a department or organization changed their name.