CENTRL's GDPR module allows you to create a Data Inventory using Processing Activities. Processing Activities are the foundation of GDPR and correspond to activities in which personal data is processed. Each Processing Activity contains information about the processing activity, the associated Data Subjects, and the Data Categories associated with each Data Subject.
Note: This article explains how to create processing activities in which you are a controller. If you want to create a processing activity for which you are a processor, click here.
This article covers the following topics:
- Creating a Processing Activity (Controller View)
- Editing a Processing Activity
- Editing the DPIA Status
Creating a Processing Activity (Controller View)
1. Navigate to the Controller View link from the Data Inventory module.
2. To add a new Processing Activity, click on the Add Processing Activity button, as shown above.
3. Enter the necessary details for the Processing Activity such as the Name, Internal Function, Purpose, Status, Risk and Purpose. You can also enter the Primary Contact details as well as the Data Inventory details as applicable.
4. Click on the Save Processing Activity button once done.
5. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the processing activity will be added as a new row as shown above.
Editing a Processing Activity
1. Navigate to the Controller View from the Data Inventory module and click on the Processing Activity you wish to edit. You will be taken to the Overview tab within the Details screen and where you can view the details of the Processing Activity.
2. Click on the Edit button to make changes to your Processing Activity as shown above.
3. Here you can edit the details as necessary. Once done, click on the Save Processing Activity button to save your changes.
Editing the DPIA status
Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA) are critical for helping organizations identify real and potential compliance risks with their internal policies and external regulations. Each Processing activity has a DPIA Status that allows you to track the progress of DPIAs through consultants or with CENTRL's Assessment Module.
1. Navigate to the Controller View from the Data Inventory module and click on the processing activity of your choosing.
2. Click on the Edit icon, as shown above, to edit the DPIA status.
3. Select the DPIA status from the options; Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Not Needed as shown above.
4. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating the DPIA status has been updated.