The DSAR module allows users to collaborate and communicate internally on a specific Request. Users can add internal users using Internal Collaborators to assist in either creating or responding to a request.
Note: By default, DSAR Owners and DSAR Admins are the only ones who can see a Request. You must add a user(s) within your company as an Internal Collaborator to share a Request with your colleague.
This article covers the following topics:
- Internal Collaboration
- Internal and External Communication
You can add internal collaborators to requests by selecting existing users or by adding new users as collaborators. To collaborate with your internal team, you can add one or more collaborators to a specific Request.
Note: Only DSAR Owners and DSAR Admins can add Collaborators to a Request.
1. Navigate to your Active Request.
2. Within the Detailed view, click on the Collaborators link as shown above.
3. Select an internal collaborator from the list. You can assign the Request to yourself by selecting your name from the list. If you wish to add a new collaborator, you can enter their email address and click on the Add link.
Note: The Internal Collaborator/ Assignee will be notified and can access the Request. If you are new to the application, you will be notified and can access the Request by logging in.
Deleting a Collaborator
1. To delete an internal collaborator, click on the Collaborators link under the Internal tab.
2. Click on the Delete icon next to the collaborator's name as shown above.
Note: The removed collaborator will no longer have access to the Request.
Internal and External Communication
Sending an Internal Message
Once an internal collaborator is added to a Request, you can communicate with them easily using the Internal tab. You can use "@" to mention or tag someone in the company.
1. Enter your Internal message and click on the Submit button as shown above.
Note: You can also attach files using the Files icon inside the Message box.
Sending a Public Message
As a Data Controller, you can send a Public message to your Data Subject /recipient of the Request to communicate with them in a convenient way.
1. Click on the Public tab and enter a public message to send to your Partner.
2. Click on the Submit button.
Note: You can also attach documents using the Files icon inside the message box.