Often, privacy users will need to reach out to system owners in other teams or external partners to complete individual rights requests. Tasks help us assign specific actions to these system owners and require either an attached document or confirmation as part of the resolution.
For example, when a user receives a Right to Access Request, they can assign tasks to system owners to gather the relevant information. When those system owners complete their tasks, their remarks and attachments appear as internal comments on the rights request. This allows the assignee of the right request to quickly respond to the data subject/consumer with the requested information.
This article will help familiarize you with Tasks by covering the following topics:
Navigating to Tasks
1. Navigate to Data Subject Requests within the DSAR module and click on the Request of your choosing as shown above.
Creating a New Task
Any user managing a rights request can create new tasks.
1. Simply click on the + Task icon to create a new task within the Tasks tab or in the upper right corner.
2. Within the Create New Task modal, you can specify the Summary, Task Type, Due Date, Assignee, optional message for Assignee.
- Summary - Enter a brief description to serve as the task title.
- Task Type - Either Document Request or Confirmation. Document Requests require attachments to close while Confirmation tasks do not. The default value derives from the request type. E.g., Transfers and Access requests will default tasks to Document Requests.
- Due Date - Defaulted to a week out unless the information request is due sooner. If the rights request is due sooner than a week, the task will be due immediately.
- Assignee - The assignee can be a member of your organization or a partner. You can add new organizations and users on the fly.
- Details - Add a remark to guide the assignee when the task demands more context. The assignee will see this as a comment on their task.
3. Click on the Create button.
Once you create a task, CENTRL will notify the new user over email. New users will be asked to complete registration with CENTRL.
After creating a Task, you can reassign, delete, close, or reopen the task via the Task Options. Users can access these options by Three Dots menu on the Task Detail page, or in the Task Row in the Data Subject Request View.
After creating a Task, you can reassign the task via the Task Options. This feature gives the flexibility to the task owner to re-assign tasks as per their requirement.
Note: You cannot reassign tasks assigned to external partners.
1. To re-assign, click on the three dots and select Re-assign Task. When reassigning an internal task, you can add a new message to the assignee.
2. When reassigning an internal task, you can add a new message to the assignee and click on the Re-assign button.
Deleting a Task
From the Three Dots menu on the Task Detail, users can also delete tasks. When deleting an internal task, a warning message appears indicating that deleting this task will permanently remove it from your platform.
1. Click on the three dots and select Delete Task.
2. Click on the Yes button to proceed with the deletion. Click on Cancel if you wish to go back to the previous screen.