Request owners, admins, and Task Assignees can view and manage tasks using the Data Subject Request screen along with the My Tasks screen. Managing a task involves completing (closing) an assigned task and re-opening a closed task if required. This feature provides users with the flexibility to change the status of a task as per their requirement.
This article covers the following topics:
Viewing My Tasks
Within the DSAR module, the My Tasks screen enables Request Owners and Assignees to view their tasks.
1. Navigate to My Tasks from the DSAR module and click on the task name under the Summary column as shown above.
2. Under the detailed view, tasks can be closed or reassigned to other users inside of your organization.
Viewing Tasks from Data Subject Requests
Users with access to Data Subject Requests can view tasks from the Data Subject Requests screen.
1. Navigate to Data Subject Requests from the DSAR module.
2. Click on the My Requests/Active Requests counter as shown above to filter and click on the request from the ID column.
Note: Under the Tasks column, you can view a quick summary of their tasks. The numbers show the count of completed tasks compared to the total. After completing all tasks, the icon will change from an empty circle to a green checkmark.
4. Click on the Tasks tab and click on any task name to find more details for a specific information request. As the request owner, you can delete or reopen a closed task. You can also view and reassign an Open task assigned to a user within your organization (see Creating Tasks)
5. When users complete tasks, their message and attachments will appear as an internal comment on your request.
Completing My Tasks
You can close any internal task created by you by opening the task details, entering a message, and selecting Submit and Close. With Document Requests, you must add an attachment to close the task.
1. Click on the Attach Files link as shown above to upload files and enter a message within the Message box.
2. Click on the Close and Submit button to proceed.
Note: When users complete their tasks, the status of the task will change to Closed, and all the messages and attachments will appear as an internal comment on your request.
Re-opening My Tasks
As a user managing rights requests, you can reopen any task associated with your rights requests. This feature is especially useful in case users wish to request clarification or new documents.
1. Navigate to My Tasks from the DSAR module and click on the drop-down to filter tasks.
2. Click on the Closed option to view all completed tasks.
3. Click on the task name as shown above to expand the details of the task.
4. Click on the Three dots and select Re-open Task.
5. Select the assignee and click on the Reopen button as shown above.
6. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Note: When a task is re-opened the status of the task will change to Open.