Data Elements track the specific information collected and processed under this activity. When users add data elements and their associated system, they become available in our data library to quickly add to other activities.
Note: To add data elements, you must first add a single data subject.
This is a feature that allows the capturing of data elements and the details associated with it. This segment allows us to create data elements and select/ create new attributes associated with that data element.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to Data Elements
1. Navigate to Processing Activity from the Data Inventory module and click on the name of the processing activity of your choosing.
2. Within the Details screen, click on the Data Elements tab.
Managing a Data Element
This feature allows you to create a new data element or select a data element from the library.
Select from Library
This option allows you to select a data element from the library making it a faster way to add a data element.
1. Navigate to the Data Elements screen within the Details page and click on the Manage Data Element button.
2. Click on the Select from Library link as shown above.
This option allows you to create a new data element by defining the attributes for a new data element.
1. To get started, click on the Manage Data Element button.
2. Click on the Create New link as shown above.
3. Enter all the details pertaining to the data element by defining the attributes. Note: Use the scroll bar to scroll down.
4. Click on the Create Data Element button to proceed.
5. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the new data element will be added. Click on the Close button to go back to the Data Elements screen.
Note: The newly added data element will appear in the Data Elements screen.
Editing a Data Element
1. Navigate to your data element and click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. You can update the information and click on the Save button to save your changes.
Deleting a Data Element
1. Navigate to the Data Elements from the Details screen.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete.
Note: The data element will disappear from the Data Elements screen but will still appear in the Library if you wish to re-add it in the future.