This feature allows you to manage your systems by creating new systems, modifying or deleting existing systems, and updating lists of related data elements.
The Systems section lets users create new systems and customize existing ones. Also, you can use this section to bulk-manage data elements associated with each system and view outstanding System Questionnaires.
Note: This feature is available only to users with GDPR Read and Write access enabled.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Managing Systems
- Adding a System
- Editing a System
- Deleting a System
Navigating to Managing Systems
1. Navigate to the Data screen within the Data Inventory module.
2. Click on the Systems link as shown above.
Adding a System
1. Click on the Add System button to create a new system.
2. Enter all the mandatory fields (marked with *) and the optional fields pertaining to the new system.
Note: You can only select existing users as Primary Contacts. New users cannot be added as a Primary Contact.
3. Click on the Add button to proceed.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the new System will be added to the Systems screen
Editing a System
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Edit
2. You can make your modifications and click on the Update button.
Editing from Quickview
1. Click on the system name as shown above.
2. Within the Quickview, click on the 3 dots and select Edit
3. You can make your modifications and click on the Update button.
Deleting a System
This feature allows users to delete unwanted systems from their Systems screen.
Note: You cannot delete/remove systems associated with data elements.
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete as shown above.
2. Click on the Delete System button to proceed with the deletion. Click on the Keep System link to cancel the deletion.
Delete from Quickview
1. Alternatively, you can delete an existing system using the Quickview. Click on the name of the System.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete.