This feature allows you to manage your systems by creating new systems, modifying or deleting existing systems, and updating lists of related data elements.
The Systems section lets users create new systems and customize existing ones. Also, you can use this section to bulk-manage data elements associated with each system and view outstanding System Questionnaires.
Note: This feature is available only to users with GDPR Read and Write access enabled.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Managing Systems
- Adding a System
- Editing a System
- Deleting a System
- Bulk Importing Systems
Navigating to Managing Systems
1. Navigate to the Systems screen from the Data Inventory module.
2. Click on the Systems link as shown above.
Adding a System
1. Click on the Add System button to create a new system.
2. Enter all the mandatory fields (marked with *) and the optional fields pertaining to the new system.
Note: You can only select existing users as Primary Contacts. New users cannot be added as a Primary Contact.
3. Click on the Add button to proceed.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the new System will be added to the Systems screen
Editing a System
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Edit
2. You can make your modifications and click on the Update button.
A success message will appear and your changes will be saved.
Editing from Quickview
1. Click on the system name that you wish to edit. A Quickview will appear.
2. Within the Quickview, click on the 3 dots and select Edit
3. You can make your modifications and click on the Update button.
Deleting a System
This feature allows users to delete unwanted systems from their Systems screen.
Note: You cannot delete systems associated with data elements.
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete as shown above.
2. Click on the Delete System button to proceed with the deletion. Click on the Keep System link to cancel the deletion.
Delete from Quickview
Alternatively, you can delete an existing system using the Quickview.
1. Click on any created system from the Systems list.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete.
Bulk Importing Systems
The Bulk Import feature allows you to easily import existing systems or add new systems to your data inventory using a CENTRL-approved excel file.
To learn more about how to bulk-import systems, click here