Through custom fields, communication templates, and assignment rules, CENTRL lets System Admins configure the DSAR module to meet their specific business needs.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to DSAR Configuration
- Configuring DSAR Assignment
- Configuring DSAR Fields
Navigating to DSAR Configuration
1. Navigate to System Admin and click on Advanced Configuration on the top right.
2. Click on DSAR as shown above.
Configuring DSAR Assignment
DSAR assignment rules help you automatically route new requests based on specific criteria. As of now, CENTRL offers assignment rules for the request type only as well as a default owner when no rule matches the request. When no assignment rules are used, all DSAR Administrators will be notified via email of new requests.
1. Click on the Pencil icon to assign an owner for each request type/criteria.
2. Select an owner name from the list of existing internal users in your organization as shown above.
Assigning Default DSAR Owner
This feature allows you to assign a default user to assign to tickets that do not match any enabled assignment rule. You can use this instead of assignment rules if your organization prefers to route all new requests to a specific user.
1. Navigate to the Default DSAR Owner and click on the pencil icon next to it as shown above.
Note: Scroll down to the last value in the Criteria column to view this field.
2. Select the DSAR owner from the list of existing users.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen.
Enabling DSAR Assignment Rules
1. Hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
Note: If you wish to disable any rule, select No from the drop-down under the Enabled column.
Configuring DSAR Fields
Adding Custom Fields
1. To add a custom field, click on the Add DSAR Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add DSAR Field modal, you can enter the name of your new custom field and enter a type/sub-type for that field. To enable the field, Select Yes or No as per your requirement.
Note: Users can add up to 30 custom fields and configure them as per their requirement.
The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric. There are six supported field types:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using the Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, we have pre-populated currencies to choose from.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
Note: When you are creating a custom User field using the Dropdown type, the subtypes available to choose from are Single-Select, Single-Select-With-Add, Multi-Select, and Multi-Select-With-Add as detailed below:
- Single-Select: This option allows you to choose a single option from the dropdown box
- Single-Select-With-Add: This option allows you to choose a value from the dropdown as well as add a new value if the option does not exist in the list.
- Multi-Select: This option allows you to choose a value from multiple options available from the dropdown box
- Multi-Select with Add: This option allows you to choose a value from the multiple dropdown options as well as add a new value if does not exist in the list.
3. Click on the Add button to save your new custom field.
3. The newly added custom field will appear under the Field name, Sub-Region.
The final step is to enable the DSAR fields to make them appear within the Partners screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can also enable them within the Add DSAR Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
Note: If you wish to disable any field, select No from the drop-down under the Enabled column.
3. A success message will appear as shown above.
Note: The DSAR field will appear in the Partners page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.
Deleting a DSAR Field
1. Click on the Delete link to delete the DSAR field as shown above.