Data Inventory Requests allow you to collect information about a processing activity from the appropriate business unit member. A Data Processing Officer (DPO) can send Data Inventory Requests to multiple business owners associated with the processing activity or system. When the answers from the business owners are submitted back, the DPO can easily populate the data inventory based on the answers provided.
CENTRL allows users the ability to publish Requests to multiple recipients at a time to streamline setting up their Data Inventory.
Note: We currently support Processing Activity and System request templates.
CENTRL allows you to publish requests that are in the Approved or Published status. Furthermore, you can publish a request only if you have the Publish permission enabled.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to your Request
1. To start, navigate to the Data Inventory module and click on the Requests screen.
Publishing to Multiple Recipients
You can publish multiple requests at the same time by selecting Publish to Multiple.
1. To get started, click on the Publish drop-down for your required request as shown above and select Publish to Multiple.
Select Processing Activity/System
2. Click on the Select Processing Activity button as shown above to search and select one or more Processing activities from your list.
Note: Similar to Processing Activity Requests, users can issue data requests to collect data for more than one system. Click on the Select Systems button for a System request template.
3. The selected processing activities will appear on the right side of the screen. To remove a selected contact, click on the Delete icon next to the specific Partner name or the Remove All link to clear selection.
4. Click on the Close button to proceed with your selections.
5. To search for processing activities, you can also filter by Internal Function and Status and then select your processing activity.
Note: Similar to Processing Activity Requests, users can issue data requests to collect data for more than one system. You can also filter by Location and Contact to search and multi-select your Systems.
Select the internal contact to whom the request will be published or add new contacts dynamically when you are publishing the request if you have the appropriate permissions.
6. You can add or remove contacts to choose who will receive the request.
Add more Recipients
7. You can add more processing activities or systems by clicking on the + icon as shown above.
Note: Processing activity/System and contact details will be copied by default. You can edit the contact information as needed.
8. Click on the Next button to proceed.
Publishing to two contacts will create two separate requests.
Once you select processing activities/systems and contacts, you can publish your request. The publish workflow is identical for all requests.
Note: By default due date is set to 30 days for the future from the publish date. You can manually change it by clicking on the Due Date dropdown and selecting a different due date. To configure the default number of days for your company, you can submit a support ticket through CENTRL's Support Center.
9. To publish your requests, click on the Publish button. You can also add recurrence to the request by clicking on the Add Repeat link. To learn more about adding recurrence to a request, click here.
10. After publishing, a widget will appear at the bottom of your screen indicating the progress of your Bulk Publish as shown above.