This feature enables System Administrators to configure fields for their Contacts allowing them to better categorize external contacts and for enhanced reporting. These following features are available to System Administrators:
- Enable or disable contact fields
- Rename custom contact fields
- Add and enable Custom Fields for Contacts
- Create groups to categorize contacts
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. You can also add custom fields to Partners to capture more information for each partner which in turn makes for better reporting. The changes will be applied throughout the application. All changes will be seen on the Partners page and in Partners Report when exporting the data to excel. (Note: For Client Connect module, the changes will be seen in the Clients page)
Note: This feature is available for System Administrators only.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Contact Fields
- Configuring Contact Fields
- Grouping Attributes
- Enabling Fields
- Changing the Field Layout
Navigating to Contact Fields
1. Navigate to System Admin and click on Advanced Configuration on the top right.
2. Click on Contacts as shown above.
Configuring Contact Fields
Adding a Contact Field
1. To add a custom contact field, click on the Add Contact Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add Contact Field modal, you can enter the name of your custom contact field and enter a type/ sub-type for that field. Click on the Add button to save your new custom field.
Note: The Enabled field allows users to enable the contacts field. The Required field allows users to mark the selected field as a mandatory field.
The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric. There are 5 supported field types:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using the Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, we have pre-populated currencies to choose from.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
Note: When you are creating a custom User field using the Dropdown type, the subtypes available to choose from are Single-Select, Single-Select-With-Add, Multi-Select, and Multi-Select-With-Add as detailed below:
- Single-Select: This option allows you to choose a single value from the admin configured list.
- Single-Select-With-Add: This option allows you to choose or add new value if the value does not exist in the admin configured list.
- Multi-Select: This option allows you to choose multiple values from the admin configured list.
- Multi-Select with Add: This option allows you to choose multiple values or add new values if they do not exist in the admin configured list.
Adding Field values
Once contact fields are added, you can add the field values for users to choose from.
Editing Custom Fields
You can modify custom fields in case you wish to change the details related to the contact field.
Note: You cannot edit the default fields. Default fields include Primary information and Additional information.
1. To edit the contact field, click on the 3 dots and click on Edit.
2. You can modify the details and click on the Update button as shown above.
This feature provides users with the ability to group Contact attributes into logical sections for better viewing and readability.
1. For this, click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. Here, you can modify or assign a group for the contact field.
Note: You can create custom groups to make them appear in the drop-down list. To learn more about how to create custom groups for Contact fields, click here
|Tip: The Contact field along with the grouped attributes will appear in the Contacts screen only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.|
The final step is to enable the Contact fields to make them appear within the Contacts screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can also enable them within the Edit Contact Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. Here, you can select whether to enable or disable a Contact field. Click on the Update button when done.
3. A success message will appear after you are done enabling.
Note: The Contact field will appear in the Contacts screen only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.
Changing the Field Layout
You have the option to change the field layout or change the arrangement of the fields that appear in the Contacts screen.
System Admins can change the ordering of fields that appears in the Contacts screen.
Note: The Default fields cannot be rearranged.
1. To change the ordering of fields, you can click on the 6 dots icon for a field and drag-and-drop it to a new position.
2. Your changes will be automatically saved.