System Admins can organize an Object's attributes into logical groupings for easier management and viewing. Currently, groups are supported for Partner, Product, Contact, and Business Unit.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Fields
- Adding a Custom Group
- Editing a Group
- Deleting a Group
- Changing the Group Order
Navigating to Fields
Adding a Custom Group
System Admins can add custom groups to further organize their attributes in addition to the default groups that are already available.
1. Click on the Add Group button as shown above.
2. Provide a group name, and optionally, a description and tooltip. A tooltip can, for example, convey to users what kinds of attributes belong in this group.
3. Click the submit button to save the changes.
Editing a Group
The group name, description, and tooltip for a custom group can be edited at any time.
Note: While custom groups can be edited and deleted, default groups cannot be changed.
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Edit to make changes to your newly created group.
2. Once done, click on the Update Group button to save your changes.
A success message will appear and your changes will be saved.
Deleting a Group
Custom groups can be deleted.
Note: While custom groups can be deleted, Default groups cannot.
1. Click on the Delete icon to delete a newly created group.
2. A warning message will appear asking for confirmation for the deletion process. Click on the Delete button to proceed. Click on Cancel to return to the previous screen.
Changing the Group Order
A System Admin can configure the ordering of groups.
The changes will be reflected in the Object's details screen.
1. Click on the Up or Down arrow to change the order of the groups as shown above.
Note: The layout for Default Groups cannot be re-arranged.