Vendors form the basis of CENTRL's external collaboration and Risk Management Platform. CENTRL's platform allows you to easily publish questionnaires to vendors, track the risk for vendors over time, and analyze the overall risk across all vendors for your organization.
You can easily add Vendors if you have the appropriate permissions. Users with the View Vendor Information permission have the ability to see information about a vendor including Inherent and Residual Risk, Status, and more. The Add/Edit Vendor Access permission allows you to add vendors and edit a Vendor's information. By default, System Administrators have the ability to both View, Add, and Edit vendors.
This article covers the following topics:
- Steps for Adding a Vendor
- Viewing Vendor Profile
Steps for Adding a Vendor
System Administrator, you can add Vendors from the System Admin module.
From the System Admin module
1. Navigate to the Vendors tab from the System Admin Module and click on the Add Vendor button on the top right as shown above.
Note: System Administrators also have the ability to bulk import Vendors from an Excel or a CSV file. They can also download all the Vendor information for their reporting needs. To learn more about how to bulk-import vendors, click here.
From Vendor Space
Users with appropriate permissions to Add/Edit Vendor in their user profile can add Vendors from the Vendor Space.
1. Navigate to the Vendor Space and click on the Add Vendor button on the top right as shown above.
2. Enter the Vendor details here. You have the option to set the Status, Criticality, Spend and Risk levels for the vendor.
Adding an Internal Owner
An Internal Owner is a user within your organization who will be responsible for managing the new vendor. Please note that assigning an internal owner for a specific vendor is an optional step.
1. To add an Internal Owner, click on the Email field and select an existing user from the list.
2. You can also add a new user on-the-fly as an Internal Owner. Please note that the new Internal Owner should have the same email domain as yours. For example, if your domain name is @abc.com, then your Internal owner should also have a domain name ending with @abc.com.
3. Enter a first name and last name as shown above. Once done, click on the Next: Add Contact button.
Adding a Primary Contact
4. Here you can enter information for your primary contact for this specific vendor. Once done, click on the Save Vendor button.
Note: Adding a primary contact is not mandatory. You can still proceed and save this vendorwithout adding a primary contact.
Viewing Vendor Profile
Users who have permissions to View Vendor Information in their user profile can view the Vendor details in the Vendor Space. Vendor Information includes the general information of the vendor, the risk for a vendor, and additional custom attributes you can define.
1. Navigate to the Vendors Screen from the Vendor Module. Select the Vendor you wish to view.
2. You can view the vendor details under the Profile tab as shown above.
Alternatively, you can view the Contacts and Products associated with the vendor by visiting the relevant tabs.
Note: The Profile link will appear only if you have appropriate permissions to "View Vendor Information" in your user profile.
Alternatively, if you are System Administrator, you can navigate to the Vendors screen from System
To learn more about managing your vendor, click here.