Responding to an Issue
Responding to an issue generally involves the following steps:
- Using External Q/A
- Add other users from within the organization to assist with the issue
- Add Management Updates
- Publish Management Updates to the client
1.1 Using External Q/A
The Issues module allows you to communicate with your client (sender of the issue) on issues. This is done through External Q/A.
Note: External Q/A should be used only by asking clarifications or questions regarding the issue. For responding to the issue with updates, we recommend using the “Management Updates” (see below)
- Navigate to the Issue Details screen and click on the issue you like
- Click on the “Q&A” link under the “External” tab as shown above.
- Add your question or comment in the text field and click on “Send”.
Note: An email notification will be sent to your client.
1.2 Add other users from within the organization to assist with the issue
Users who receive the issues can add other users from the organization to help them respond to the issues. This is done by adding other users as collaborators. To do this:
- Open the Issue by clicking on the Issue ID
- Click on the “Internal” tab in the Issue Details pane
- Click on the “Internal Collaborators” link
- Type the email address of the user you want to add
- Click on the “Add Email Address….” Link
- The email domain of the user you are adding should be the same as yours
- Once added, the collaborator will receive an email to register. Users will only appear in the Internal Collaborator list once they register.
1.3 Add Management Updates
The “Management Updates” feature allows you to send out issue update/responses to your client. These could be milestones, plans, responses, etc. Note: We recommend that only the owner of the issue create the management update.
Here are the steps to create a management update:
- Navigate to the Issue Details screen and click on the issue you would like to respond to
- Click on the “Management Updates” link under “External” tab as shown above
- Click on the “Create an Update” link as shown above.
- Click “Create”. The Management Update gets created.
1.4 Publish Management Updates to the client
The final step is to publish the Management Update to the client. Here are the steps to do this:
- Navigate to the Issue Details screen and click on the issue you would like to respond to.
- Click on the “Management Updates” link under the “External” You can view the list of all updates that have been created.
- To publish an Update, click on the “Publish Update” link as shown above.
- Click on the "Publish" button to confirm your publish. Optionally, you can update the issue status by marking it as Sent for Review while publishing the update.