When answering an assessment, you have the ability to attach documents to questions. Documents can be attached to a question by using the Answering Pane or by using the Documents Modal.
This article covers the following topics:
- Attaching Documents at the Question Level
- Attaching Documents using the Documents Modal
- Viewing Files
- Downloading Files
- Searching Files
- Deleting Files
Attaching Documents at the Question Level
1. Click on the question for which you wish to attach documents.
1. You can upload files by dragging and dropping files into the upload files modal or by clicking on Browse. Click here to learn more about the file types supported for upload.
2. Files will be processed as soon as a file is dragged or selected via the browse functionality. Once processed, the file will show as 'Attached' on the right hand side of the modal.
Alternatively, you can select the Select From File Library section of the modal to select any previously uploaded files that are stored in the file library bank.
1. If the file you uploaded is already present in the file library bank, it will be shown as Duplicate on the right hand side. You have the option to fix duplicates by either renaming the uploaded file or using the already present file.
2. To fix duplicates, click on the Click to fix the link as shown below.
3. You will be presented with an option either to use the already existing file or rename the duplicate file. The system will suggest a new file name or you can edit the text to your desire.
Selecting Files From File Library
You can also attach documents from your file library by clicking on Select from File Library tab.
1. To select a file, click on the name of the file or the checkbox on the right. All uploaded and selected files will be shown on the right. Once you are done selecting the file(s), click on Close.
Attaching Documents using the Documents Modal
The Documents modal gives an overview of all the documents that have been requested and the list of files attached to the assessment.
To open the Documents modal, click on Documents as shown below. This will take you to the respective tab in the Documents modal.
- The Requests tab lists all the document requests with reference to the question. This tab contains all the documents that your partner has requested. It also shows the number of files attached to each request along with an option to upload.
- To upload and attach files, click on the Upload icon corresponding to the question/request. This will open the upload window where you can upload files or select files from file library.
The All Files tab gives an overview of all the files attached to the assessment grouped by questions, as shown above. You can also see who attached what file on each question.
You can view the attached files using the In-App file viewer. Click here to learn more about the file types supported in the File viewer
You can also download the files from the Documents modal using the Download icon located on the top right of the Documents modal.
You have the option to search and filter for files based on the file name and/or the name of the user inside the Documents modal.
You can also unselect files by hovering over and clicking on the Delete icon from the upload files modal.
1. Click the edit icon to navigate back into the modal.
2. Click the Trash icon as shown below to remove the desired file.