CENTRL provides users the ability to quickly extend their data subject requests and provide notification with a rationale to the data subject. Users can extend the due date only once for each request.
GDPR lets users extend a request by 60 days when they cannot reasonably complete the request in 30 days. whereas, CCPA lets users extend a request by 45 days.
Note: The extension is applicable from the old due date.
1. Navigate to Data Subject Request from the DSAR module and click on your Active Request as shown above.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Extend Due Date as shown above.
3. Within the Extend Due Date modal, you are required to provide a rationale of the extension by replacing the 'INSERT COMMENT HERE' text in the public message as shown above.
4. Click on the Submit button to proceed.
5. Within the confirmation modal, click on the Extend and Submit button to proceed.