CENTRL's Assessments module allows users to map question responses to attributes, providing more efficiency in harvesting responses. The Map Answer functionality can be found in the Edit Questionnaire page when the questionnaire is in Draft status.
This feature allows users to map the Partner attributes and Product attributes to specific questions in a questionnaire. When your partner submits back the questionnaire, you can automatically populate the partner and product attributes based on the responses.
Note: Questions mapped to attributes will have answer types suggested to quickly manage the questionnaire. For example, if mapping a responder name, the answer type will intuitively default to "Open answer type" and disable any other answer types that do not fit this type of answer.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Questionnaire
- Mapping Answers
- Duplicate Attribute Mapping
- Mapping Answers using Import Questionnaire Template
- Disable Mapping
Navigating to Questionnaire
1. Navigate to Manage Questionnaires from the Assessments module and click on the questionnaire of your choosing.
By default, the toggle switch for Map Answer to Attributes will be disabled for all questions. You can enable Mapping Answer To Attribute at a question level.
1. Navigate to the question and click on the Map Answer to Attribute toggle switch as shown above.
2. Click on the Partner attributes, Product attributes or Contact as per your preference of attributes.
3. Click on the dropdown to select an attribute from the list. By default, the dropdown list will display standard attributes as well as all enabled custom attributes added by your System Admin.
Note: To view additional custom attributes in the dropdown list, you can create custom attributes or rename existing attributes.
To learn more about how to configure Partner fields using Advanced Configuration, click here
To learn more about how to configure Product fields using Advanced Configuration, click here.
4. Once selected, your changes will be saved and a success message will appear at the bottom of the screen as shown above.
Duplicate Attribute Mapping
You cannot map the same attribute to multiple questions. The system will alert you when you are attempting to map an attribute that is already mapped to another question.
You have the option to override the previous selection or keep the original mapping.
Clicking the Map Attribute button will change the mapping of the selected question. The previous mapping will be removed automatically. Clicking on the Cancel button will keep the existing mapping.
Mapping Answers using Import Questionnaire Template
Alternatively, you can also map answers when creating a questionnaire using the Import Questionnaire template.
1. Using the import questionnaire template, create the sections and questions as required for the questionnaire.
2. To link the partner profile or product attributes, specify the attribute name against the question under the MAP Answer To column as shown above.
Note: Answers cannot be mapped to Table or Document Answer types.
*Please contact the CENTRL support team for assistance with mapping the questionnaire to the partner and product attributes.
3. Once the template is ready, import the questionnaire onto the CENTRL platform. Click here to learn more about importing a questionnaire from a template.
4. When the questionnaire has been successfully imported, the Edit Questionnaire screen will display the linked attributes.
By default, the toggle switch for Map Answer to Attributes will be disabled for all questions. When you enable mapping for a specific question, you also have the option to remove an existing mapping.
1. Click on the toggle switch for Map Answer to Attribute to disable mapping for that specific question.
Note: The selected attribute will automatically be removed.