Adding sources allow users to track where the data originated from, when not provided by the data subject or controller. Common sources include business partners, data brokers, and public records.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to Sources
1. Navigate to the Business Processes screen from the Data Inventory module.
2. Click on the Processing Activities tab as shown above and click on any processing activity from the list.
2. Click on the Details page from the Data Inventory module and click on the Sources link.
Adding a Source
1. Click on the Add Source button to get started.
2. Enter all the details pertaining to the Source and click on the Add button to proceed.
Editing a Source
1. Navigate to the Sources screen and click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. You can update the Source details and click on the Update button to save the changes.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating that the changes have been saved.
Note: The Source name cannot be edited. You are required to remove the source and re-add with the correct source name.
Deleting a Source
1. To remove a source, click on the 3 dots and select Delete as shown above.
The Source will be deleted from the Sources screen.