The Data Elements section of the Data View displays all data elements and imported records in one place for quick data management.
When users select manage, they land on a list of all data elements added to their data inventory. From here, users can tie data elements to processing activities and edit permanent and default values. For example, users can overwrite the name of the data element globally or just change the default sensitivity.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Data Elements
- Adding a Data Element
- Editing a Data Element
- Deleting a Data Element
Navigating to Data Elements
1. Navigate to the Data screen from the Data Inventory module as shown above.
2. Click on the Data Elements tab as shown above.
Adding a Data Element
1. To add a new data element, click on the Add Data Element button.
Note: For all the subsequent data elements, click on the Add Record button to add a data element.
Select from Library
This option allows you to search or select a data element from the Library making it a faster way to add one or more data elements.
1. Click on the Select from Library link as shown above.
2. Search or select one or more data elements by clicking on the checkboxes.
3. Click on the Select/Add System dropdown on the top right.
4. Click on the Save button as shown above.
This option allows you to create a new data element by defining the attributes for a new data element.
1. Click on the Create New link as shown above.
2. Enter all the details pertaining to the data element by defining the attributes and click on the Create Data Element button.
3. The new data element will get added to the Library as shown above.
4. Click on the Save button to proceed.
Note: The newly added data element will appear in the Data Elements screen.
Editing a Data Element
1. Navigate to your data element and click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. Within the Edit modal, you can update the information and click on the Save button to save your changes.
Deleting a Data Element
1. Navigate to your data element and click on the 3 dots and select Delete.
Note: The data element will disappear from the Data Elements screen but will still appear in the Library if you wish to re-add it in the future.