After creating a Task, you can reassign, delete, close, or reopen the task via the Task Options.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to your Task
- Reassigning Tasks
- Deleting a Task
- Adding Comments to Tasks
- Closing a Task
- Re-opening a Closed Task
Navigating to your Task
1. Navigate to the Data Subject Requests screen within the DSRM module and click on the Request of your choice as shown above.
1. Click on the 3 dots and select Extend Due Date to manage your task.
To learn more about this feature, click here
After creating a Task, you can reassign the task via the Task Options. This feature gives the flexibility to the task owner to re-assign tasks as per their requirement.
Note: Tasks assigned to external partner contacts cannot be reassigned. However, tasks assigned to internal users can be reassigned.
1. To re-assign, click on the three dots and select Re-assign Task. When reassigning an internal task, you can add a new message to the assignee.
2. When reassigning an internal task, you can add a new message to the assignee and click on the Re-assign button.
Deleting a Task
From the Three Dots menu on the Task Detail, users can also delete tasks. When deleting an internal task, a warning message appears indicating that deleting this task will permanently remove it from your platform.
1. Click on the three dots and select Delete Task.
2. Click on the Yes button to proceed with the deletion. Click on Cancel if you wish to go back to the previous screen.
Adding Comments to Tasks
Tasks added to rights requests now support collaborative back and forth commenting.
1. Navigate to the Task tab within a request and click on the task you want to comment on as shown above.
2. Type your comment within the Comment box and click on Submit as Open to send the comment.
3. You will notice your comment has been added to the thread at the bottom.
Closing a Task
You can close any internal task created by you by opening the task details.
Note: As the request owner, you can delete or reopen a closed task.
Enter a message within the Comment box and click on the dropdown and select Submit as Closed to complete a task.
Note: When users complete their tasks, the status of the task will change to Closed, and all the messages and attachments will appear as an internal comment on your request.
Re-opening a Closed Task
As a user managing rights requests, you can reopen any task associated with your rights requests. This feature is especially useful in case users wish to request clarification or new documents.
1. Click on the three dots and select Re-open Task.
2. Select the assignee and click on the Reopen button as shown above.
A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and your Task status will change to "Open".