Contacts form the basis of publishing document folders, questionnaires, and Issues within the CENTRL platform. Contacts are grouped together under Partners/Vendors, or Clients depending on the product you are subscribed to.
Using this feature, you can view, add, and edit your external contacts from the System Admin Module or from within your Partner Space if you have the appropriate permissions.
Note: You can add external contacts with the Partner domain (Eg: @abc.com) or generic email domain (such as gmail.com, yahoo.com). If you wish to add a contact with a different domain name, please have your System Administrator submit a support request through CENTRL's Support Center.
This article covers the following topics:
- Adding a Contact
- Re-Invite Contacts
- Bulk-importing Contacts
- Exporting Contacts
- Deactivating a Contact
Adding a Contact
From System Admin
The Contacts screen gives an overall picture of the contacts your organization is associated with, for all External Partners.
1. Navigate to the Contacts screen from the System Admin Module as shown above.
2. Click on the Add Contact button on the top right to add a new contact.
2. Enter the contact details and click on the Submit icon under the Action column to save the contact.
From Partner/Vendor Space
If you have the appropriate permissions, you can add additional contacts to your existing Partners or Vendors using the Profile Screen. If you have do not have access to the Profile Screen, contact your system administrator.
1. Navigate to the Partner/Vendor Space and click on the Partner you want to add a Contact to.
2. Navigate to the Contacts tab inside the Profile page and click on Add Contact as shown above.
3. Enter the contact details and click on the Submit icon under the Action column to save the contact.
Note: You can also add new contacts dynamically when you are publishing Assessments or Document Requests if you have appropriate permissions.
When you invite a contact to CENTRL, your contact will receive an email notification with a link to register onto the platform. This Invitation will expire in 4 weeks for security purposes. However, you have the ability to re-invite your contact if they have Pending or Expired status.
1. Navigate to the Contacts screen from System Admin module. Here you can view the Invitation Status for each contact.
2. For Contacts with Pending or Expired status, click on the clock icon as shown above to re-send the email invitation for contacts to register.
3. Click on the Re-invite button to proceed. An email notification will be sent and the Invitation Status will be updated to Pending status.
Note: Users can also re-invite contacts using their My Connections screen. Click here to learn more about this.
System Administrators have the option to bulk import Contacts from a CENTRL Approved Excel or CSV file. This enables users to easily add multiple Contacts at once.
1. Navigate to the Contacts screen from the System Admin Module and click on the 3 dots and select Bulk Import link as shown above.
2. Here, you can drag and drop file(s) from your computer. Click on Close to proceed.
Note: The data that you are importing should be in a predefined format. You can click on Download Template to download the excel template.
3. The confirmation page shows the details of the contacts and partners imported. Click on the Done button to proceed.
System Administrators have the ability to export all their Contacts for their reporting needs.
1. Navigate to the Contacts screen from System Admin module.
2. Click on the Export Data button and select Download Detailed Report as shown above.
3. CENTRL will begin generating the report. When done, you will see the link to Download Report as shown above.
4. Click on the Download Report link to download the data as an Excel file.
Deactivating a Contact
Users have the ability to deactivate Contacts that have active connections to your organization. The deactivated contact will be removed from the System and will no longer appear in the Contacts screen.
1. Navigate to the Contacts screen from System Admin module or from Profile screen in Partner/Vendor Space.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Deactivate.
3. A confirmation modal will appear. Click on the Deactivate button to proceed.
4. The Contact will be removed from the System and a success message will appear on the screen.
Note: You can deactivate contacts with any status (Accepted, Pending or Expired)