CENTRL's Issue Management module allows you to manage, publish and track issues that you find with your partners during Assessments.
Viewing Issues from the Issue Module
All Issues can be viewed under the issue module irrespective of the assessment or questions.
1. Navigate to Issues tab under Issue Module to view all issues and their status.
Using Search and Filters
You have the option to search and/or filter the issues in the Issue Module by multiple dimensions such as by Name, by Partner, by Severity or by Status.
Searching an Issue
1. Click on the Search icon to start searching.
2. The issue can be searched by either of the following -Name, Severity, Partner or Status.
Filtering an Issue
1. Click on the Filter icon as shown above to apply additional filters.
2. Within the Additional Filters modal, click on the Column drop-down and Value drop-down to select from the pre-populated options. You can apply more than one filter by clicking on the +icon next to the Value drop-down. Click on the Apply button to proceed.
3. To clear filters, click on the Clear All button.
Viewing Issues by Assessment
Issues are grouped by questionnaires in the By Assessment screen allowing you to quickly view how many issues you have created for each Assessment.
1. Navigate to the By Assessment screen under the Issues module as shown above.It also shows a count of the total number of issues created for each questionnaire under the Issues column.
2. You can view a summary of issues and their status by clicking on the Issues count as shown below.
3. You can click on the assessment name to navigate to the issue associated with the selected assessment.
Viewing Issues from Active Assessments
You can also view the list of issues created against each question from the Active Assessments screen.
1. Navigate to the Questionnaire from Active Assessments screen and click on the question you want to review.
2. The Issues tab in the answering pane will display the count of the issues created for the selected question. Click on the Issues tab to view the list of created issues as shown above.
3. Click on the issue name, to view the Issue.