Part of the GDPR risk lifecycle is creating and publishing assessments to your processing activities and/or third-party processors. CENTRL provides standard templates for GDPR Initial Assessments and Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIA).
The process for sending GDPR Assessments is as follows:
- Create your GDPR Questionnaire using and editing templates or by uploading your own custom template. Click here to learn more about Creating a questionnaire.
- Publish an assessment based on your questionnaire to your partners and/or vendors
- Evaluate the assessment after your partners have responded to your questionnaire using CENTRL's secure online platform.
Note: CENTRL allows you to publish questionnaires that are approved or already published. Furthermore, you can publish a questionnaire only if you have the Publish permission enabled.
Creating an Assessment
Navigate to the Manage Questionnaires screen and click on the Publish button next to the GDPR questionnaire that you wish to publish, as shown above. This will bring up the Start & Publish Assessment screen.
Alternatively, you can also goto the Active Assessments screen and click on the Start New Assessment button as shown above. This will bring up the Start & Publish Assessment screen.
Creating/Publishing an Assessment is a 4-step process as detailed below. As each step progresses, you can review the selections on the right under the Summary section. The progress bar at the top will reflect the steps that have been completed.
Step 1: Select Partner
The first step is to select the Partner or the Internal Function for whom the GDPR Assessment is being created. You can also optionally select the product if the assessment is for a partner.
Next you can select the purpose of the Assessment (for example, GDPR - Data Protection Impact Assessment) and the processing activity.
Click on the Next button to proceed.
Note: You also have the option to add new Partners/Products by typing in the name of the Partner/Product.
Step 2: Select Questionnaire
The next step is to select the questionnaire for the Assessment. You also have the option to search for a questionnaire using the search bar. After selecting the questionnaire, click on the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Note: This step is not required if you publish the questionnaire from Manage Questionnaires screen.
Step 3: Select Contact
In this step, you can select who is going to answer this questionnaire.
The following options are available:
- Partner Contact - You can select this option when you are publishing the questionnaire to your external partner. You can then select or add the partner contact.
- Me - You can select this option if you are answering the questionnaire on behalf of your partner. For example, when you are conducting On-site Audits or if you have the answers through other sources.
After selecting the intended recipient, click on the Next button to proceed.
Step 4: Review & Publish
The final step is to review the selected details and make modifications if needed. Select a due date, period for the Assessment and an optional message for the partner. Click on the Publish Assessment button to publish your assessment to the intended recipient.
The questionnaire will be published and you can see the Assessment in Active Assessments screen.