When working on a Request, the DSAR owner can either fulfill or deny a "Request" to their data subject. Under GDPR, all denials must include a rationale as well as instructions on how to petition the denial to Data Authority and the right to seek a judicial remedy.
When you fulfill a request made by your Data subject, the status of the Request will be changed from In Progress to Resolved (Granted) or Resolved (Denied)
This article covers the following topics:
Granting a Request
When you are ready to fulfill a Request, you can resolve the Active Request by submitting a Public Message to your data subject.
Note: To submit a Request as Granted, the Request must be in the In-progress stage.
1. Enter a Public message to send to your data subject and click on the Submit dropdown and select Submit as Granted. You can also attach files if needed using the Files icon.
2. Within the Resolve Request modal, click on the Grant Request button to proceed. Click on Cancel to go back to your previous screen.
Note: The Data subject will be automatically be notified via email with your message as well as the attached files if any.
Denying a Request
In some instances, the Data Controller cannot fulfill a Request, for example, if a national law prohibits them from doing so. In such cases, the Data controller can deny a Request. Denials must cite permissible justifications and provide information on how to contest the decision.
Note: To submit a Request as Denied, the Request must be in the In-progress stage.
1. Navigate to Data Subject Request from the DSAR module and click on your Active Request as shown above.
2. Enter a public message, and optionally, you can also upload files to send over to the Data Subject.
3. Click on the drop-down next to the Submit button and select Submit as Denied.
4. Within the modal, you can click on the Deny Request button to proceed. Click on Cancel to go back to your previous screen.
Add From Template
For Denials, you can select from the available response templates to submit a Public response to your Data Subjects. Using the Add from Template option, the system will automatically generate a public response for you to send over to your data subjects.
1. Click on the Add from Template drop-down to select a template. You can insert your comment in the Insert Comment Here text box.
2. Click on the Submit button to proceed.
Note: When a request is Resolved (Granted or Denied), it will no longer appear in the Active Requests list and can be viewed by filtering Requests using Resolved.