Often, privacy users will need to reach out to system owners in other teams or external partners to complete individual rights requests. Tasks help us assign specific actions to these system owners and require either an attached document or confirmation as part of the resolution.
For example, when a user receives a Right to Access Request, they can assign tasks to system owners to gather the relevant information. When those system owners complete their tasks, their remarks and attachments appear as internal comments on the rights request. This allows the assignee of the right request to quickly respond to the data subject/consumer with the requested information.
This article will help familiarize you with Tasks by covering the following topics:
Navigating to Tasks
1. Navigate to Data Subject Requests within the DSRM module and click on the Request of your choice as shown above.
Alternatively, you can click on the +Task as shown below to create a new task.
Creating a New Task
Any user managing a rights request can create new tasks.
1. Navigate to the Task link and click on the + Task icon to create a new task.
2. Within the Create New Task modal, you can specify the Summary, Task Type, Due Date, Assignee, optional message for Assignee.
- Summary - Enter a brief description to serve as the task title.
- Due Date - Defaulted to a week from the task creation date, unless the information request is due sooner. If the rights request is due sooner than a week, the task will be due immediately.
- Assign Task To - The assignee can be an internal member of your organization or Partner contact. You can also add new organizations and users on the fly.
- Internal User - This is an internal user of your organization that you can assign the task to. You can assign the task to yourself by selecting your name from the dropdown.
- Partner Contact - This is an external partner contact that you can assign the task to. You also have the option to add a new Partner as well as partner contacts on-the-fly.
3. Click on the Create button once done.
Note: Once you create a task, the new user will be notified via email. The new users will be asked to complete registration with CENTRL to view and complete the assigned task.
Adding an Assignee
When adding a task, users will be able to lookup assignees by the organization, email or name.
1. Click on the Assign Task to dropdown as shown above to select an assignee.
We will send a notification to the task assignees whenever a task is created.