Each Dashboard gives an overview of the relevant information pertaining to the module you are viewing. Within each dashboard, you can interact with the data, filter by different dimensions, and export as needed.
This article covers the following topics:
- Dashboard Filters
- Viewing Widget Details
- Making Selections in a Widget
- Drilling Down into Granular Data
- Exporting Widgets
Note: By default, you can see the Filters pane on the right side of the screen. You can click on the Expand icon to expand the Dashboard area as shown above.
You can customize your dashboard view by enabling the filters from the right of the screen. You can also edit the Filters as per your requirements.
1. Click on the Edit icon to edit the text filter as shown above.
2. Select or de-select the filters as per your liking and click on the Okay button. You can also start typing to search for a specific filter
The Calendar filter option enables you to select a custom date range from a calendar by selecting a start date and an end date. The Calendar filter option is only available for Date type filters, like Published On.
Note: Users can switch between two types of date filters, for example, from Time Frame to Calendar providing more flexibility for viewing date ranges.
1. Click on the Edit icon to edit the filter as shown above.
2. By default, it will be filtered by Month. To select an alternate Period, click on the Months dropdown as shown above
3. Enter the date range by selecting a start date and end date and click on the Ok button.
Enable and Disable Filters
1. Click on Enable or the Disable icon to do the required action as shown above.
Note: After enabling filters, the icon will appear green.
2. The Dashboard view will automatically be updated.
Viewing Widget Details
You can click on any Indicator widget to view details associated with it.
1. Click on the number mentioned below the Indicator Widget as shown above.
2. A screen will pop up displaying details for that specific Indicator Widget.
Note: To exit the detailed view, click anywhere outside the screen.
3. To download widget details, click on the 3 dots and select Download.
Note: You have the option to download to a PDF file, PNG file, and CSV file.
Making Selections in a Widget
You can click on a specific portion of any widget to select it. This filters the dashboard according to the selected data by adding a filter to the Dashboard’s Filter panel.
1. Click on any specific portion of a widget to select it.
Note: Alternatively, you can right-click on any portion of the widget and click on Select.
2. The Dashboard view will automatically get filtered based on the selections made.
To clear the selection, click on the Clear icon as shown above.
Note: You can also further drill down by right-clicking on the widget for a more granular data of the selected data.
Drilling down into Granular Data
The Dashboard allows you to drill down into granular data in widgets to get a comprehensive view of the selected widget.
1. To get started, right-click on a widget.
2. Click on the Drill Into...link.
Note: For all the subsequent drills, click on the Choose Another link.
3. You can search for additional fields to drill into or select from the available options. The updated bar chart or pie chart will appear on the Dashboard along with a breadcrumb trail for the selected widget.
4. Click on the Cross icon to clear your breadcrumb trail. You will be taken to the original Dashboard view thereafter.
You have the option to download the widget data in the form of a CSV, PDF file or an Image file.
1. Navigate to any widget and hover over it and click on the 3 dots to select Download as shown above.
2. To proceed with the download, select from either the Image option to export widget to a PNG file or the CSV File option.
Note: Only for the widget with tabular data, you have the option to also export to a PDF file, PNG file, and CSV file.