Data Elements track the specific information collected and processed under this activity. When users add data elements and their associated system, they become available in our data library to quickly add to other activities.
Note: To add data elements, you must first add a single data subject.
This is a feature that allows the capturing of data elements and the details associated with it. This segment allows us to create data elements and select/ create new attributes associated with that data element.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to Data Elements
1. Navigate to the Business Processes screen from the Data Inventory module.
2. Click on the Processing Activities tab as shown above and click on any processing activity from the list.
2. Within the Details screen, click on the Data Elements tab.
Adding a Data Element
This feature allows you to create a new data element or select a data element from the library.
This option allows you to create a new data element by defining the attributes for a new data element.
1. To get started, click on the Add Data Element button.
Note: When adding any subsequent data elements, click on the Manage Data Element button.
2. Click on the Create New link as shown above.
3. Enter all the details in the fields pertaining to the data element by defining the attributes.
|Tip: Please use the scroll bar to scroll down and enter all the mandatory fields. The Create Data Element button will be grayed out until all the required fields haven't been entered.|
4. Click on the Create Data Element button to proceed.
5. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the new data element will be added. Click on the Close button to go back to the Data Elements screen.
Note: The newly added data element will appear in the Data Elements screen.
Select from Library
This option allows you to select a data element from the library making it a faster way to add a data element.
1. Navigate to the Data Elements screen within the Details page and click on the Add Data Element button.
Note: You will view a Manage Data Element button for all the subsequent data elements.
2. Click on the Select from Library link as shown above.
3. Click on the checkbox next to the data element from the list and further click on the Save button.
Editing a Data Element
1. Navigate to your data element and click on the 3 dots and select Edit.
2. You can update the information and click on the Save button to save your changes.
Deleting a Data Element
1. Navigate to the Data Elements tab from the Details screen.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete.
Note: The data element will disappear from the Data Elements screen but will still appear in the Library if you wish to re-add it in the future.