This feature enables System Administrators to configure data element fields for Partners allowing them to better categorize data elements and for enhanced reporting. These following features are available to System Administrators:
- Adding and Enabling custom Data element fields
- Rename Data element fields
- Define the values for Data Element fields
The above features will allow you to tailor your experience to better suit your business needs. You can also add custom fields to capture more information for each data element which in turn makes for better reporting. The changes will be applied throughout the application. All changes will be seen on the Partners page and in Partners Report when exporting the data to excel. (Note: For the Client Connect module, the changes will be seen within the Clients page.)
Note: This feature is available for System Administrators only.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Data Element Fields
- Configuring Data Element Fields
Navigating to Data Element Fields
1. Navigate to System Admin and click on Advanced Configuration on the top right.
2. Click on Data Elements as shown above.
Configuring Data Element Fields
Adding Custom Fields
1. To add a custom field, click on the Add Data Element Field button as shown above.
2. Within the Add Data Element Field modal, you can enter the name of your new custom field and enter a type/sub-type for that field. To enable the field, Select Yes or No as per your requirement.
Note: Users can add up to 30 custom fields and configure them as per their requirement.
The field type can be Multi-line text, Dropdown, Input, Currency, Date or Numeric. There are six supported field types:
- Dropdown: This is a classic drop-down field type where you can choose one option amongst a list. For drop-down fields, you can also configure drop-down values using the Add Values option.
- Multi-line: This field type includes a multi-line text area for you to input information.
- Input: This field type is a single-line text area.
- Currency: This field type includes various currencies. Within the sub-type, we have pre-populated currencies to choose from.
- Date: This field type allows users to select date information.
- Numeric: This field type includes numeric values with sub-types such as Percentage and Generic to choose from.
Note: When you are creating a custom User field using the Dropdown type, the subtypes available to choose from are Single-Select, Single-Select-With-Add, Multi-Select, and Multi-Select-With-Add as detailed below:
- Single-Select: This option allows you to choose a single option from the dropdown box
- Single-Select-With-Add: This option allows you to choose a value from the dropdown as well as add a new value if the option does not exist in the list.
- Multi-Select: This option allows you to choose a value from multiple options available from the dropdown box
- Multi-Select with Add: This option allows you to choose a value from the multiple dropdown options as well as add a new value if does not exist in the list.
3. Click on the Add button to save your new custom field.
3. The newly added custom field will appear below the Field name-Sub-Region as shown above.
The final step is to enable the Data Element fields to make them appear within the Partners screen.
Note: For custom fields, you can also enable them within the Add Data Element Field modal itself, as mentioned above.
1. For this, hover over the value under Enabled. Click on the pencil icon and select Yes.
2. Click on the blue checkmark to enable.
Note: If you wish to disable any field, select No from the drop-down under the Enabled column.
3. A success message will appear as shown above.
Note: The Data Element field will appear in the Partners page only if the value is Yes under the Enabled column.
Deleting a Data Element
1. Click on the Delete link to remove the data element