The DSRM module lets users communicate with the data subject externally as well as invite and work with internal collaborators This article covers the following topics
- Internal Communication for a Rights Request
- External Communication for a Rights Request
- Data Explorer
Internal Communication for a Rights Request
DSRM Owners, DSRM Admins, and Internal Collaborators can communicate with each other using the Internal tab. Modeling a Question and Answer format, messages can be nested within each other to have focused conversations on a question or clarifying assumptions.
Sending an Internal Message
Once an internal collaborator is added to a Request, you can communicate with them easily using the Internal tab. You can use "@" to mention or tag someone in the company.
1. Enter your Internal message and click on the Submit as... button as shown above.
Note: If you wish to select Submit as In Progress stage for your ticket, click on the dropdown next to the Submit button.
2. You also have the option to attach files by clicking on the Files icon inside the Message box.
External Communication for a Rights Request
As a Data Controller, you can send a Public message to your Data Subject /recipient of the Request to communicate with them in a convenient way. You can do this by either sending a public message or by applying a template to submit the public message.
Note: Only DSRM Owners and DSRM Admins can send a public/external message. Whereas, Internal Collaborators cannot send public/external messages.
Sending a Public Message
1. Click on the Public tab and enter a public message to send to your Partner.
2. Click on the Submit button.
Note: You can also attach documents using the Files icon inside the message box.
Adding from Template
Alternatively, you can send a public message to your recipient using the Add from Template option.
3. Click on the Public tab and click on the Add from Template dropdown to choose from pre-seeded templates.
4. Enter your explanation text and click on the Submit button. If you wish to select any other stage for your Ticket, click on the dropdown next to the button.
5. A confirmation modal will appear to verify your Request stage. Click on the Send Message button to send your public message. Click on the Cancel button to go back to the previous screen.
When the ticket is in the In-Progress stage, you can resolve your request by either granting a request or denying a request. To learn more about resolving a rights request, click here
DSRM Owners, DSRM Admins, and Internal Collaborators can view and download files attached to the DSRM ticket. The Data explorer icon allows users to preview and publish files to the portal.
Viewing a File