The Scheduling feature enables users to schedule an upcoming survey, automatically publish survey at a future date or create a recurring schedule or create reminders for upcoming publish events for themselves or their partners. On the Review & Publish screen, users can now select a Publish On date and if Notifications would like to be added.
You have the option to schedule a Survey from the Upcoming Surveys screen or at the time of Publishing a Survey from the Manage Questionnaires screen or the Active Surveys screen. To learn more about the scheduling feature within the Publish flow, click here.
Note: Only the Questionnaire Administrators or the Users with Publish permission enabled in their user profile can schedule a Survey.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Upcoming Surveys
- Scheduling a New Survey
- Adding Recurrence
- Setting Alerts/ Notifications
- Auto Publish
Navigating to Upcoming Surveys
1. Navigate to the Data Inventory module and click on the Surveys screen as shown above.
Note: The Upcoming Surveys screen lists all the previously scheduled Surveys.
Scheduling a New Survey
1. Click on the Schedule New button and select the Survey type from the dropdown options.
Scheduling a New Survey is a 4-step process as detailed below. As each step progresses, you can review the selections on the right under the Summary section. The progress bar at the top will reflect the steps that have been completed.
Step 1: Select the System or Processing Activity
The first step is to select the System or Processing Activity for whom the Survey is being created. You can also optionally select the product. Click on the Next button to proceed.
Note: You also have the option to add new Partners/Products by typing in the name of the Partner/Product.
Step 2: Select Questionnaire
The next step is to select the questionnaire for the Survey. You also have the option to search for a questionnaire using the search bar. After selecting the questionnaire, click on the Next button to proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Select Contact
In this step, you can select which internal user is going to respond to this survey
After selecting the intended recipient, click on the Next button to proceed.
Step 4: Review & Schedule
The final step is to review the selected details, add a Schedule date, select an optional recurrence using the Add Repeat feature, and add the due date for the Survey. You can also add an optional Period for the Survey and a message to send out to your partner. Click on the Schedule button to schedule your new survey to the intended recipient.
Within the Review and Schedule step, you have the option to schedule a recurring event for the selected survey. By doing so, you will be able to select how often the event occurs and when it ends.
Note: When you add recurrence to your survey when publishing, the system will automatically create new "Upcoming Surveys" with the same information.
1. Click on the Add Repeat button to schedule a recurring event as shown above.
2. Select the recurrence by selecting the Period from the options such as Yearly, Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly.
3. Select a Start date and End date for the next occurrence.
Setting Up Alerts
You have the option to set one or more alerts for yourself and your Partner Contact on or before the Publish Date.
1. Click on the Add Notification link to set one or more alerts for yourself or for your Partner Contact.
2. You can select the option to send notifications On Publish Date or Before Publish Date.
Note: For Before Publish option, you can select the number of days or months before which the notification has to be sent.
4. To add more notifications you can repeat the above-mentioned steps for yourself or for your Partner Contact using the Add Notification link.
Note: You can add notifications to your partner contact only if you have completed Select Contact step above.
Within the Review and Schedule step, you have the option to enable Auto-Publish for your survey. The Auto-Publish feature allows you to publish upcoming surveys automatically on its Due Date.
1. Click on the checkbox to enable the Auto-Publish feature. By selecting the checkbox, the upcoming survey will automatically be published on the date they are scheduled for.
Note: You can enable Auto-Publish only if you have selected the Questionnaire, Contact and Due Date for the upcoming survey.