The Data Lookup feature helps Request Owners to efficiently respond to DSRMs. All organizations that have started a Data Inventory can take advantage of Data Lookup to quickly assign tasks to system owners to gather data or take a specific action like delete data. When an organization has set up integrations to its data systems, the request owner can go even further by automatically scanning connected systems to generate Data Access Reports.
Note: This feature is accessible only to DSRM Admins, DSRM Owners, and Internal Collaborators added to the Request.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to Request
1. Click on the DSRM module and click on the Data Subject Request tab as shown above.
2. Click on the Active Request of your choosing.
Navigate to the Data Lookup tab to see where data is stored and transferred for this specific data subject. Note, the Data Subject filter defaults to filtering for the subject specified in the request. We let you change this filter to look for data under different subjects in case the user miscategorized their request.
You can change the Lookup from Systems (default) to Recipients in order to see how you share data for this subject.
Quick Actions on Systems
From the Systems lookup, users can issue scans to generate Data Access Reports or bulk issue tasks.
Data Access Reports
This feature generates a report of all data found for this subject on connected systems. Connecting systems requires engagement with CENTRL Professional Services to set up integrations. You can only generate reports from systems labeled "Scan Enabled" by clicking on the Scan System button.
1. Click on the checkboxes to select the fields and click on the Generate Report button to proceed.
3. An internal message containing the generated report will be attached to the Request.
To learn more about generating data access reports, click here
Bulk Issue Tasks
Quickly assign tasks to system owners to gather records or take specific actions like verify data or opt-out users.
1. Look up and select your systems by clicking on the checkboxes.
2. Click on the Create Task button as shown above.
3. Within the Create New Task modal, enter all the task details and select the Assignee. You have the option to assign the task to yourself or the System Owner.
Note: When bulk-assigning tasks to System Owners, each task will be auto-assigned to the respective System Owner.
4. Click on the Create button once done.
A success message will appear at the bottom of your screen and the tasks will get created and appear in the Tasks tab.