CENTRL's GDPR module allows you to create a Data Inventory using Processing Activities. Processing Activities are the foundation of GDPR and correspond to activities in which personal data is processed. Each Processing Activity contains information about the processing activity, the associated Data Subjects, and the Data Categories associated with each Data Subject.
This article covers the following topics:
- Navigating to Processing Activities
- Adding a Processing Activity
- Editing a Processing Activity
- Editing the DPIA Status
Navigating to Processing Activities
1. Navigate to Processing Activities form the Data Inventory module as shown above.
Adding a Processing Activity
1. To add a new Processing Activity, click on the Add Processing Activity button, as shown above.
2. Enter the necessary details for the Processing Activity. You can optionally also enter the Primary Contact details.
3. Click on the Save button once done.
4. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen and the processing activity will be added to the Processing Activities screen.
Editing a Processing Activity
1. Navigate to Processing Activities from the Data Inventory module and click on the Processing Activity you wish to edit.
You will be taken to the Overview tab within the Details screen where you can view the details of the Processing Activity.
2. Click on the Edit button to make changes to your Processing Activity as shown above.
3. Here you can edit the details as necessary. Once done, click on the Save Processing Activity button to save your changes.
Editing the DPIA Status
Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIA) are critical for helping organizations identify real and potential compliance risks with their internal policies and external regulations. Each Processing activity has a DPIA Status that allows you to track the progress of DPIAs through consultants or with CENTRL's Assessment Module.
1. Navigate to the Processing Activities from the Data Inventory module and click on the processing activity of your choosing.
2. Click on the Edit icon, as shown above, to edit the DPIA status.
3. Select the DPIA status from the options; Not Started, In Progress, Completed, Not Needed as shown above.
4. A success message will appear at the bottom of the screen indicating the DPIA status has been updated.