Sometimes business relationships change with vendors; the user might not want to send any other request. In this case, the user can delete scheduled Requests if needed. This feature is especially useful when the Auto-Publish is enabled for an Upcoming Request and the user does not want to publish it.
Note: Only DSAR Admins or Request Creators can delete the upcoming requests. Also, you have the option to delete a single occurrence or delete all occurrences at once for a recurring request.
This article covers the following topics:
Navigating to Upcoming Requests
1. Navigate to the Data Inventory module and click on the Requests screen.
2. Click on the Upcoming Requests screen.
Deleting an Upcoming Request
1. Navigate to your Upcoming Request and click on the 3 dots and select Delete as shown above.
1. Within the Delete Upcoming Request modal, you can either select to delete Only this Upcoming Request or All Upcoming Requests.
Note: If you have scheduled multiple occurrences for a request, you have the option to delete a single occurrence or all occurrences for the upcoming request.
2. Click on the Delete button to proceed with the deletion.
Delete from Quick View
Alternatively, you can delete an upcoming Request from the Quick View.
1. Click on the upcoming request as shown above.
2. Click on the 3 dots and select Delete as shown above.
3. Within the Delete Upcoming Request modal, a warning message will appear. Select the appropriate option and click on the Delete button to proceed with the deletion.