- What is a privacy dashboard?
- Key areas for privacy program reporting (and associated benefits)
- Continuously monitor and perfect the dashboard
What is a privacy dashboard?
- A privacy dashboard is a concise visual presentation for internal leadership and regulators that provides clear guidance and metrics for privacy program reporting.
- A maturing privacy program relies on metrics to demonstrate progress. By capturing key privacy metrics, leadership can measure operational performance, identify improvement opportunities, and demonstrate transparency of the privacy program.
- A privacy dashboard provides:
- Ability to review privacy program performance from a high level across the organization, or to drill down into specifics in your data, enabling management to gain vital insights into the health of the privacy program.
- Tailored results, showcasing actionable items that intuitively allow for privacy performance improvement and risk tracking across your organization.
Key areas for privacy program reporting (and associated benefits)
- Privacy operations metrics
- Gain insight into all of your privacy operations to track the organization’s overall privacy program health. You can look at the history of your data across the organization and monitor ongoing metrics in one consolidated space.
- Individual rights management
- The dashboard enables you to quickly identify new and active requests, allowing you to prioritize those that are time sensitive.
- Keep track of processing time to complete requests and view the numbers on total requests received, total requests in progress, and total requests completed to analyze and enhance performance.
- Vendor privacy management
- Monitor the status of vendor risk assessments you may be leveraging and keep a consolidated record of assessments that have been completed.
- Data inventory
- Track the progress of data inventory completion and recertification of inventory assessments.
- Action items will automatically populate as processes are added or changed.
Continuously monitor and perfect the dashboard
- As data changes and needs evolve, adjust as necessary to feature the most relevant information.
- Data changes, information changes, and so the dashboard should change with it.